23.976Hz, 24Hz, 29.97Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz
50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz
In Audio Part.
-- Supports 24 bit Flac files.
-- Supports M4B files.
-- Fixed the problem that a certain file doesn’t play until the end.
-- Fixed the problem that OGG files don’t sound in HDMI connection after booting the TViX.
In Picture Part.
-- Added ‘Thumbnail’ function (Photo Preview)
* In the ‘Function’ key, you can change the previous text mode to ‘Thumbnail’ to see what it is and to find what you want.
* It’s possible to make a slideshow with the file you want to see or show.
* The ‘Scroll’ key for view image, the ‘Zoom’ key for slideshow and the ‘Zero(0)’ key for clear all are used as functional keys on the remote controls.
-- Improved the file compatibility.
-- Supports EXIF information.
In DTV Part.
-- Improved channel scanning problems.
-- Fixed the audio problem on Portuguese station.
-- Fixed the scheduled recording bug.
-- fixed the recorded file name is not correctly set for the som Czech stations.
-- Improved the readability of characters including the subtitle.
-- Supports more Wi-Fi modules
* D-link DWA-140 11n (Hardware version: B1)
* D-link DWA-110 (Hardware version: A1)
-- Possible to change the FTP Password.
-- Possible to set the ‘Startup’ option for FTP and Samba server on the ‘Setup’.
-- Possible to set ID and Password for the Samba access.
-- Fixed the USB Rom drive bugs.
-- Added DVI for the TV connection.
* If you are using HDMI to DVI cable, you must select DVI.
* If DVI is selected, HDMI audio output and HD audio pass-through menu will be disabled.
* If Auto EDID is selected with DVI option, the Video and Audio option will be set based on the EDID.
* If other than Auto EDID is selected, Audio will be set depends on the selected TV connection type.
* When user pressed the TV outkey, the DVI will be set for 480P and 576P and audio data will not be transmitted over HDMI. Therefore, if you use HDMI, you must select correct option on the setup.
* On VFD, DVI will be shown only if DVI is selected. If HDMI is selected, there will be no info for the TV connection type.
-- Fixed DVI motnitor black out issue in specific environments.
-- Fixed the problem the IP is not correctly reset if the cable is re-connected when DHCP is selected.
-- Now TV connection type is set to HDMI even if the EDID is not get from HDMI.
Known issues and limitations.
-- Audio channel and frequency information couldn’t be correct in some TP and TS files.
-- In case of setting the HD Audio Pass-through to On, HD Audio couldn’t work well in S/PDIF.
-- In case of setting the HD Audio Pass-through to Off, HD Audio stream couldn’t playback smoothly.
-- Some WMV files don’t run well.
-- Some TP files may cause the TViX to reboot.
-- Doesn’t support digital output in AAC and WMA.
-- File playing shortly after changing file names through FTP and Samba Server may cause the TViX to reboot.
-- Had the ‘Rewind’ disable in TP and TS files for file liability.
* We recommend you to use the Goto for a while and try to improve this in the next version.
-- Doesn’t support M4A files in this version.
-- Some MKVs with AAC may have audio problems.
-- You may hear anything after changing a channel to another. We recommend you to press DTV key or Audio key in the case.
***** We recommend to set the HD Audio Pass-through to on when playing files with Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master or Hi Resolution,
LPCM streams. The receivers that are compatible with HDMI 1.3a could be noisy in case that the HD Audio Pass-through is off, so please select normal audio track instead.
* Since the setup has been changed, please upgrade through USB device if you don't have an internal HDD. If you upgrade the firmware through network without an interanl HDD, you will loose the setup.
Change note from 1.1.44
1. Better AVI file compatibility and response time by adapting our own RFX engine.
2. Font size can be changed in set up when displaying folder/file list
3. Subtitle compatibility enhanced
4. Better compatibility TS/TP/M2TS/MTS file playback
5. Bug fixes in font display
6. NTSC/24Hz, PAL/24Hz mode added
7. Fan speed control changed to 3 speed.
8. Fan will keep on rotate if the temperature is high until temperature goes low even after the power off.
· No changes about JPEG and music play. .
Most frequently asked hardware limitation
· WMV7,8(WMV 1,2), WMV9 AP@HL not supported
· H.264 support up to High@L4.0 only
· MJPEG not supported
Our next top priority to-do list.
· TrueHD, DTS HD MA pass-through using HDMI
· Enhancement in JPEG slide show
1. Supports IceTV EPG for Australia.
[ Using IceTV EPG Guide ]
2. The location of the recording scheduler file(schedule.data) was changed from internal hard disk to Flash Rom.
- Improved the problem that the TViX does not boot after the recording time set passes.
Note : After upgrade, the setup value will change to factory default because we changed setup structure. We are sorry for the inconveniences and you may not see the picture after upgrade. Please use the TVOUT button in the remote transceiver to see the screen and go to the setup menu to set the video output mode of your choice.
Dear Customers,Release NoteChanges from v1.1.21 (The version inside the initial shipped product)
TViX should be booted freshly before firmware upgrade for safer upgrade.
This firmware is for M-6500A only
1. Embedded subtitle support in MKV file has been stabilized.
(No image subtitle support yet)
2. Stutter when watching 24Hz movies with 24Hz output fixed.
3. Some bugs related to DTV scheduled recording have been fixed.
4. Wavepack support added (Still need more testing)
APE is not working yet.
WMA lossless is not supported (We are checking whether we can implement this)
5. 1000M(Giga) bit option in Network setting has been added.
You need CAT6 cable to connect M-6500A to Gigabit HUB.
We find high bit HD content plays fine with SMB connection when it stutters with 10/100 connection.
But it will play fine with NFS(Netshare or Linux PC) even with 10/100.
l The result may vary depends on the LAN environment.
Even though we used Gigabit LAN chip, the performance is slightly better than 10/100.
So, we do not advertize M-6500A as Gigabit device.
You can check the LAN mode by the LED light on the LAN JACK.
10/100 : Green Giga : Yellow
6. Factory Default menu added in the configuration MENU.
7. Added Luminance Level menu
- Auto/ 0 –255/ 16-235
When Auto, it will follow the information that Display device sends through HDMI.
8. Not supporting USB external DVD(CD)-ROM bug fixed
9. Problem when copying from TViX to PC using TViX as SAMBER server fixed.
Known problems and issues
1. Trick play and audio change problems still exists when playing tp(ts,m2ts..) files or large AVI files.
2. JPEG slide show and music play enhancement is under development.
3. Content with AAC audio play has some problems.
4. TrueHD and DTS HD MA pass though using HDMI is under development.
5. There is a report on compatibility with USB external storage.
6. M-6500A can be overheated and fail to work when used without installing HDD inside.
This is the problem of air flow. We are sorry but please insert HDD as dummy.
We are preparing a dummy structure that will make air flow better without the HDD.
This will be factory inserted when it is ready.
7. Some DVDs will crash when you do DVD menu navigation using DVD Juke box feature(ISO, IFO play)
8. IFO file play stutters when playing through network using Netshare. Using SAMBA is OK.
9. m3u file playing does not work now.10. Wrong length of MP3 VBR.11. Some USB storage device does not work with TVIX.
12. Some problem of audio playing with lyrics.
13. Cannot hear audio when playing recorded DVB-T HD streams.
14. SAMBA server does not work with Vista.
15. TVIX cannot connect to Vista with SAMBA mode.
Copyright ⓒ 1998 - 2013 DViCO Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.